The Holmes Institute® has an enrollment policy that allows students to enter the program at the beginning of any term.
Holmes Institute offers a Master of Arts in Consciousness Studies and a Certificate in Spiritual Education. For prospective students to be admitted to either program, they must have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher. If the bachelor’s degree was earned at an international institution, students are required to have their official transcript reviewed to demonstrate it is equivalent. Prospective students must also submit two letters of recommendation from a faculty member, employer, or minister/mentor. If students’ first language is not English, they must pass the TOEFL exam with a minimum of 530. Students must also submit a copy of a government-issued photo identification.
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT REQUIREMENTS
Sealed official transcripts from previously attended universities and college to be sent to the Administrative Registrar at: 573 Park Point Drive, Golden, CO 80401.
NOTE: If the transcript is not in English, it must be submitted through World Education Services ICAP services. The original transcript and the English translation are to be submitted with the application packet. The student is responsible for paying the evaluation fee required by WES.
HOW TO APPLY
- Request application from the Administrative Registrar at Holmes Institute
- Sealed official transcripts from previously attended universities and college are to be sent to the Administrative Registrar. NOTE: If the transcript is not in English, it must be submitted through World Education Services ICAP services. The original transcript and the English translation are to be submitted with the application packet. The student is responsible for paying the evaluation fee required by WES
- Request two letters of recommendation sent directly to the Administrative Registrar
- English is the language of instruction at the Holmes Institute so students who are not first language English proficient must submit evidence of passing a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 530
- Complete an interview with an admissions officer
When all application materials are received, and the entrance interview is completed, the final decision of admission approval is made by the President of Holmes Institute.
Students have one year from the date of admission to start their coursework. Beginning with the first academic term of course participation, students have 6 years to meet all degree requirements for graduation. After one year from date of admission, students who do not register for coursework must re-apply to the Institute and meet the new admission and program requirements in effect.