Holmes Institute Mission, Goals, and Objectives
Holmes Institute offers quality distance education graduate programs in consciousness studies to spiritual leaders preparing for service in the global community.
In support of the mission, our goal is to provide comprehensive support services to help students achieve their personal, vocational and academic potential. Objectives are singularly focused on consciousness studies. They prepare students to successfully:
- evaluate, adapt and apply theories and practices in the fields of Education, Leadership, Philosophy, Science and Spirituality, Psychology and Religion to facilitate spiritual development in self and others and develop an awareness of spiritual community in human development.
- analyze, apply and practice the values of a spiritual leaders, including the development of personal and community vision and the fostering of congruence through the teaching and practice of the values that flow from that vision.
- assess, apply and adapt world cultural and spiritual traditions to bring a global spiritual perspective to
the challenges and opportunities of contemporary individual and community spiritual life.
Upon completion of their studies, graduates will be able to:
- Adapt and apply fundamental theories and practices in:
- Science and Spirituality
- Teach and demonstrate spiritual development by:
- knowing and applying the practices of spiritual guidance
- knowing and applying the leadership practices of administration and community organization
- Describe and practice the formation of personal and community vision and values by:
- facilitating, formulating and teaching vision building practices
- identifying the values that proceed from vision and the relationship between vision, value and personal conduct
- facilitating community learning activities regarding the practice and application of vision and values
- Examine and apply the major world religious traditions and can analyze, combine and select aspects of these teachings for application to contemporary spiritual life